Paintings and other beautiful works of wall art should be set apart from other home decor accents. Why would anyone spend their hard-earned money on a painting they love if they’re not going to display it in the proper manner? There are certain ways to light different types of wall art so their best features are highlighted.
- Never hang artwork in the path of direct sunlight. The sun’s ultraviolet rays can damage it.
- Fluorescent lighting can also damage artwork because it too gives off ultraviolet rays.
- Track lighting fixtures are often used to highlight wall art because they’re flexible. You can adjust the lights to face whichever direction suits the artwork best.
- Another type of wall art lighting is picture lights. Our House of Troy lighting collection has picture lights that attach directly to the wall art or to the wall above it.
- You should hang wall art at eye level. If the room where the wall art is displayed is a kitchen or dining room, hang it at the eye level of someone sitting.
Try to choose accent lights that blend in, instead of standing out and taking attention away from the wall art. These accent lighting tips will draw attention to the artwork displayed in your home. You can browse all of our accent lighting options online at ValleyLighting-CT.com.